If you’re tired of shaving every single day, then waxing may be perfect for you! If you’re looking for a hair removal method that leaves your skin smooth and hair-free, then look no further! At Peak Day Spa, we offer a variety of waxing services to help you achieve smooth, hairless skin. Whether you’re new to waxing or have been doing it for years, we created this guide that will provide you with all you need to know about waxing!
Waxing isn’t a new method, it’s been around for centuries and it’ll probably be around for centuries more! Waxing involves applying a thin layer of wax to the skin that will remove hair. Once the wax is cool, it is pulled off quickly along with your hair. Waxing can be an effective way to remove hair with results that can last for weeks. Let’s talk about the benefits of waxing!
Benefits Of Waxing
People have their different opinions about waxing – some people hate it, some people love it. Despite the pain that may come, we think waxing is one of the best hair removal methods. There are many benefits to it which is why it’s gained its popularity!
- Long lasting results: Waxing removes hair from the root, which means that the results last longer than shaving. Depending on your growth cycle, waxing can leave you smooth for weeks.
- Thinner and finer growth: Frequent waxing can lead to thinner hair regrowth. Making it easier to remove (and less painful as time goes on).
- Reduced ingrown hairs: Ingrown hairs can be painful and waxing can help reduce them! Because waxing removes hair from the root, it prevents hair from growing back into the skin, which is what causes ingrown hairs.
Preparing For Your Appointment
Preparation is key to seeing the results you want! These tips can help ensure that you can achieve smooth skin with little to no irritation. Before your waxing appointment, there are a few things you should do to prepare:
- Let your hair grow: Your hair should be at least a quarter inch long, or the length of a grain of rice. This will usually require you to stop shaving for 2 weeks prior to your appointment!
- Exfoliate: Exfoliate a day or two before your appointment, but never on the day of. This can help remove any dead skin cells which will help the wax adhere better to your skin.
- Avoid certain products: Certain products like AHAs, glycolic acids, and retinoids can make your skin more sensitive. We don’t want to rip off your skin, only your hair, so make sure to avoid those products!
- Don’t drink caffeine beforehand: It’s said that caffeine can sometimes increase your sensitivity. We want you to be as comfortable as possible, so avoid caffeine if you can!
Like we have said before, we want your results to be as effective as possible with little to no irritation. To get the best results, it’s important to take care of your skin after your appointment too! Here are some waxing aftercare tips:
- Avoid exercising: After waxing, your skin is more vulnerable to bacteria and infection. Sweating can create an environment where bacteria thrives, which increases the risk of infection.
- Avoid hot water: After waxing, your skin will be more sensitive than usual. Hot water can increase the sensitivity by causing redness, swelling, or discomfort.
- Wear loose clothing: Tight clothing can cause friction which can further irritate the skin. Wear loose clothing to your appointment!
- Exfoliate: Only exfoliate once it’s been a few days after your appointment. This can help prevent ingrown hairs, but be careful not to overdo it!
Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you’re ready to schedule your waxing appointment, then we can’t wait to see you. We provide a variety of services from eyebrow waxing to those sensitive areas. We use high quality products and refined techniques to ensure that your experience is comfortable and effective. We can’t wait to help you achieve smooth, hair-free skin!